Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Well friends, our plan was to wait until August to go back on the open list for foster care. We didn't even get a chance to go back on the list before our agency called us about some kiddos who have been in care since May and because their foster family is having some extentuating circumsances, the kids are having to move. So here we go again. Time to transition.
I think it is super-ironic that a girl who loves stability, routine, and a plan has been called to a life that is virtually void of any of those. Whenever we go into a new transition, a new placement, some new kiddos, I think am I crazy.
Right now, my life is simple - it's a one-baby-no-bio-visits-sleep-all-night most nights, no-muss, no-fuss life. While this time with Isaiah has been sweet and I am thankful for the 5 months we have had, I have been chomping at the bit to get back into foster care. I know a lot of you may be wondering why. I, myself, wonder why some days.
Friends, there is so much ugliness and darkness in this world. Terrible things happen to people I love dearly and it breaks my heart and I cannot do anything about them. I can't do anything about most of the brokenness in the world. I can't do much of anything of significance for most people. But we can do this. By the grace of God, and only by that, can we do this. So we will.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers coming your way as you go through another transition. Let me know if there is any other way I can help other than praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Prayers are going up for you and the new littles coming into your life.

    ReplyDelete

So glad your here! So talk to me!