Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's For Dinner? Wednesday : Tex Mex Pulled Pork and Garlicky Coleslaw

I talked about do this a while back and just never got my butt in gear. So I guess I'm in gear.

Tex Mex Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, 1 C BBQ sauce, 1 sliced medium onion, 2 (4oz) cans drained diced green chillies, 3 to 4 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lb) boneless pork tenderloin 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro

In a medium bowl mix tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, onion, green chillies, chili powder, cumin, oregano. Place pork in slow cooker pour sauce over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until tender. remove pork to cutting board and shred using two forks. Put back in the sauce.

Garlic Cole Slaw

1 bag (1 lb) shredded cabbage, crisped, 1 C apple cider vinegar, 2 1/2 T salt, 1 C mayonnaise, 1/2 C olive, 1/2 C minced garlic.
Mix all ingredients and let sit for an hour.

I like to serve this on toasted buns and pile the pork and the coleslaw all together on top. Trust me sooooo good and very messy. I also serve this with sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad your here! So talk to me!