Saturday, May 7, 2011

Being the norm and not the exception

Today we went to the Kornerstone foster care picnic. There was hotdogs, hamburgers, a proposal, fireman, families of all different colors,kids with special needs, a mish mash of humanity.For a couple of hours there are no questions or funny looks. No "God Bless you"'s. No need to explain or educate. Every once in a while it is nice to be the norm and not the exception. White teenage bio kids carrying tiny black foster siblings around to the games. Moms pushing strollers of children of every race and no one asks which ones are "really" belong to them because they know it takes more than giving birth to be a mother. And right in front of me orphans being un-orphaned, through love in small tangible ways, that are actually kind of huge, the extraordinary in the ordinary, the miraculous in the mundane. Kids being loved on forever even if it is only for a little while in the physical. And that will change there lives and their souls and even though it seems like an afterthought it changes ours as well. I am so thankful for this life. I am awed and humbled by this calling. My heart is so full this mothers day with love for my son and the sons and daughters that came before him.

1 comment:

  1. This post resonates with me. Thank you and Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete

So glad your here! So talk to me!