Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gotcha Day! All about Isaiah

One year ago today my son came home. I paced by the window and waited and then the car appeared and I ran out to meet him.


This is one of the only pictures that I took that day. I was too busy staring at him to take pictures.






One year. I have never parented a child for a year they have all left before.

We dedicated Isaiah in a service at our church on Sunday.

Here is what I said (imagine me ugly crying and stopping to sob)
(I am praying in the picture)



6 or so years ago God told me He would give me an African American baby boy and that he would be abandoned and that I would call him Isaiah

2 1/2 years ago God told me he would come to us through foster care

1 year ago we got the call that we were chosen for an African American baby boy named Baby Boy because he has essentially been abandoned at the hospital.

When we went to meet him I asked the caseworker what they had been calling him in his foster home (he was 4 months old)...she said Isaiah.

God had given us our son.

God's promise fulfilled.

Psalm 68:6 says He places the lonely in families. And that is true. But it is not just for the sake of the lonely but for the sake of the families too.

This summer on the day of Isaiah's termination trial I was anxious and praying for a scripture and I felt the Lord leads me to Isaiah 62

"You'll get a brand-new name straight from the mouth of God. You'll be a stunning crown in the palm of God's hand, a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God. No more will anyone call you Rejected"

On November 17th (hopefully) his name will legally change from Baby Boy to Isaiah Michael Clarke. The name God intended for him 5 years before he was ever born.



I was praying Sunday morning asking God what he wanted to highlight about Isaiah's story. I felt like he said" That I am real. I am still relevant. I care. My plan is good. I still intervene. I went into a completely hopeless situation and changed the course of everything. Beauty from ashes, from abandonment to belonging, unnamed to named. Glory to God. That's is Isaiah's story.

Happy Gotcha Day Isaiah Michael Clarke! I love you more than I thought I was capable of. We are so thankful, I pray you always know that the God of the universe loves you so much that he did a miraculous work to bring you home. All glory and honor to him. The author of my faith and my family.






4 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding us that God is real, he intervenes and he is in the midst of us. So honored to know you and Isaiah. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for writing about your story! God is calling my husband and I to care for orphans (we don't know just how or exactly when) and it's SO cool to see how God speaks and answers if we just ask and listen. Your boy is beautiful and your faithfulness in praying for him is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

So glad your here! So talk to me!