Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Orange Chicken (feeding the kids)

I am posting about chicken because I can't post about what is happening in our home right now.The children we have been fostering for the last year are about to go home prayers are appreciated. I don't know what to say about it yet... So I am posting an easy recipe that my kids love. I got this recipe from Blair Kaiser, I don't think she has a blog but if she did I would definitely read it.

Chicken breasts - tenderized (beaten with a mallet) I cut mine into bite sized pieces
Dredge in 1 cup flour 1 tbs paprika & salt & pepper to liking
Sauté chicken in olive oil 3 to 4 mins per side
Add 1 1/2 cup orange juice to pan (with chicken) - bring to a boil, cover & reduce heat - cook for 15 mins
Take chicken out, turn up heat & reduce the liquid to a yummy sauce
Pour over chicken when ready!!Great with yellow mahatma rice!!!!

Should have taken a picture but it was gone too quick! I served this with the yellow rice as suggested and some stir fry vegetables.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - I am heartbroken for you. And this hits really close to home as our kids came last april too. We don't know yet what the future holds with them. Prayed for you today and will continue as you come to mind. Thank you for sharing. Love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

So glad your here! So talk to me!